I LUV MEMORIES! They're the pages in a mothers mind that make waking up each morning all worth while. Children! Wonderful wonderful children who bring honor to their name! Beautiful children enjoying life together...being each others "Best of Friends!" I've become more and more grateful that we have holidays & special events to STOP the hustle and bustle of our routine lives to regroup to have gatherings which build rejoicing MEMORIES.
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Mother's Day for Me
Happy Mother's Day to all women. But above all women, I am surely the most blessed. My three daughters brought over a two seater red Radial Flyer Wagon for me yesterday, and I was thrilled beyond expression. It fits neatly behind my red tractor lawn mower to pull grandchildren in. Oh the smiles of the little ones to make life memorable and wonderful. You see, 39 years ago today (May 10th)Tim asked me to be the Queen of his Household. Little did I know then, that being that queen had alot of growing experiences ahead for me and that the "Happily Ever After" books, don't tell the entire story! But I have to say that my "Happily Ever After" is still going on and on and on! Having brought 8 beautiful children into this world, they have brought me the most joy and the happiest of all moments. Let me give you some of the most recent ones.
Who recieves the most joy when your daughter marries a man who takes his education seriously. Not only did Ryan graduate this May, Cum Laude, but he was named BYU Outstanding Accountant for the University and already has an excellent job waiting for him with Ernest & Young in Colorado. (Now them moving away from me, is certainly not in the book of "Happy Moments." It's a Big Owey for all of us left behind who love spending time with them!) But I am happy to know that my Mary Ann & handsome Dayton will be taken care of and provide for by this Prince of Excellence.
And then there was the moment we watched Aaron Jacob Crockett be one of the first graduates to graduate from Utah Valley University. Aaron has always been a young man who takes life at his own pace. However, when he set his sights on a goal, he "thrusted in his sickle with all his might" and with his determined soul, never gets distracted until he meets his goal. His graduation was a very Happy moment for me to see him complete his education! And the frosting on the cake came, when we found out he graduated Magna Cum Laude. Holy Cow! This kid finally acknowledged how smart he is and proved it to the world. He has now increased his capasity & potential working for Northwest Fencing and providing well for his family. Needless to say, this was another proud moment for this mother!
He and Hauni have created such a wonderful home for their family, but now Max has a father who is not only patient, kind, and lovable but he examplifies having served a successful mission and beome a graduate from college.
I LUV MEMORIES! They're the pages in a mothers mind that make waking up each morning all worth while. Children! Wonderful wonderful children who bring honor to their name! Beautiful children enjoying life together...being each others "Best of Friends!" I've become more and more grateful that we have holidays & special events to STOP the hustle and bustle of our routine lives to regroup to have gatherings which build rejoicing MEMORIES.



And I am just so blessed to have 7 living children with six elect spouses to gather with. (Michael on the other side of the veil joins with us I'm sure!) Being spoiled as a Mom makes life totally wonderful. Especially when the girls (Daughters and Daughter-in-laws alike) scoop you up and take you on a shopping spree and out to lunch.......just as girls! Then each time you reach in your closet for an especially selected piece of clothing or someone tells you how nice you look....a flood of joyful memories serge through your mind and your heart fills up with gladness. A joyful gladness that you chose to be a creatir & a Mother in Zion.

Being a mother is all about creating a "LIFE-LINE" of special memories. Like going over to Colorado and having your 11 year old Grandson want to make Apple Pies together for his birthday. Or having each one of the grandchildren remember a moment when you were a BIG part of their life. Suddenly, all those years of trying to be a good Mother becomes sacred & rewarding.
Especially when they're highlighted by the youngest (Shauna) creativity & special message.

A couple of Saturdays ago, Tim & I were invited to come to Ben & Abby's final soccer game. I awoke that morning hearing the rain pouring down outside. So I called David, thinking surely their games would be cancelled. To my surprise.....they weren't and the love that is stronger than the thundering skies made its way under unbrella to see these valiant little souls battle for a wet wet victory.
Once again, honor could be no brighter than to hear the voice of your son urging his children to be agressive, run to the ball, and fear no other person on the opposing team. It was life in motion, and the honor is all mine. Each of the children totally delight in being apart of their childrens lives. The philosophy of "recycling" is eternal in nature. Now we watch our children doing with their children what Tim & I did with ours. Oh how many 100's of games Tim & I went to and watched......cheering as if our children were the worlds best! And the truth is.....they still are. And I am honored to be their Mother! And the frosting on my cake is......one of them carries my name!

I LUV MEMORIES! They're the pages in a mothers mind that make waking up each morning all worth while. Children! Wonderful wonderful children who bring honor to their name! Beautiful children enjoying life together...being each others "Best of Friends!" I've become more and more grateful that we have holidays & special events to STOP the hustle and bustle of our routine lives to regroup to have gatherings which build rejoicing MEMORIES.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment