60 years old sounds so old, but I really don't feel old at all. However, this year, I really wanted to "Celebrate Life!" Especially since Julie Kaye brought a beautiful little girl into the world and gave her my name,"Sydnee." It was so exciting to see Tim absolutely speechless. But wait! Marvelous Monica was not yet finished. Little did I know that she and Julie Kaye were in kahoots and had yet another surprise. Monica said, "Before we start to eat dinner, Ori and I have a present for both Syd and Tim, but we have to go downstairs. It's too heavey to carry up here. So the entire family marched down the stairs into Monica's large T.V. room. There in the middle of the room was a large box. (Now you have to know Monica! She is a woman with a heart of gold that is bigger than Mt. Timpanoges and she is always treating the Crockett's with her abundant love.) All's I could ask myself is, "What NOW!"
This gift was the best gift of all. Colorado had come to Utah and our family was 100% here to celebrate life with us! Words cannot express our feelings of joy! Now Monica and Tim didn't get much done on my birthday surprise, but we enjoy a house full of active children, wall to wall laughter and exchange. And I think for the first time, Ori saw alot of the rambuckeous side of the Crockett family. (Ori is such a gift to life!....He truly loves his Monica and supports her 110% in evertything she wants to do. Quietly in the back ground he provides a palace for his queen to brighten and lift whom ever his queen brings home. And this week, he has endured much "CROCKETT" activity.
March 24th is my actual birthday, and I had a wonderful day. My girls have been trying for years to have me look and be feminine and today the picked me up at 10:30, took me over to Macey's Department store and made me try on clothes that "LOOKED GOOD!" Mary Ann, Julie Kaye, Karen,and Angela Joy (my adopted daughter)all went in the dressing room with me as I tried on several outfits. I smile and giggle inside as they primped and pampered me, straightening every wrinkle or adjusting the fall of my blouse. Then I was told to take little Dayton away to play as they discussed finances and selected what I got to take home. Once welcomed back into the fold, I was escorted back to the dressing room to change into one of my new outfits prior to going to lunch. What fun, that these beautiful daughter love me so much. Appropriately dressed, we walked over to P.F.Changes where Hauni & Becca joined us for lunch. M-m-m-M-m-m I do love P.F.Changes! It has to be one of my all time favorites.....especially when I'm surrounded with many of my all time favorite women.

Finally Friday March 27th arrived and it was the day of my big celebration. Tim & Monica were glad that I had arranged with my dear friend Shauna Harker to go to the Mt. Timpanoges Temple in the morning. (It has been a tradition of Shauna's & mine to meet each year on our birthdays and spend the morning in the temple. Her temple-Jordan River on her birthday and my temple-Mt. Timpanoges on mine.) This meeting is always such a sacred occurance. Shauna & I have always been able to go deep inside our souls with each other and we share spirit to spirit so easily. She chose to wear the temple dress I gave her years ago when acting upon a prompting in behalf of her deceased mother. She also had her mother's temple apron on. Grace Aldridge was very close today. We met at 8 a.m. and left the temple at 1:15 p.m......if that gives you any idea of exchanges. We always plan to go eat lunch, but our spiritual time together is so precious to us.......food just doesn't equate.
I was home by two to take my "required nap." Sleeping in the day is not easy for me, but I managed to relax and unwhined for an hour. Then Karen & the kids came over and it was time to get ready. I was excited. Pictures will have to define the evening. It was by far the most rewarding experience I've had in years. Dear people who have literally embraced my life-time came to celebrate life with me. My children were quick to help set up, linger & visit then support by clean up after. My life is full and I am a blessed woman. Thank you, to one and all for your love. And a special thank you to Timmy.....who worked so hard finding my loved ones, and Monica & Ori for all there work sending evites and hosting this celebration. You will never know what a precious gift you have given to me. There's only one thing that I love more than my husband, children and friends.........it's my Grandchildren!

Peggy & Corwin Ogborn offer a birthday song from younger years. A wonderful treat!
No comments:
Post a Comment