The Month of May has been filled with many activities and memories.
My baby girl is on her way! After being my assistant art teacher for three years, Shauna Lynn is graduating and moving on to bigger and better things. She opens her first class room at Timpanoges Elementary School this fall teaching 4th graders to love life and enjoy learning as much as she does. What lucky children! They will come to see the magic of the "Pided Pipper of Crockettville." Loving, lifting and laughing are the trade marks of Miss Crockett. There will be a BIG void in my little Art Room........but I couldn't be happier for this young Wonder Woman.
Noah Dastrup was timidly excited to join Karoline, Kameron, Kaleb McIntire, and Allie & Cooper Crockett for a tea party in Grandma Crockett's back yard. They've been very patient to wait for an opening to play in our backyard play ground. And after discovering the newly installed zipline, Kaleb exclaimed, "This is the best day of my entire life!" (Now that's what makes having fun play ground equiptment worth while!)
Of course the perk for me, is the mother's that come along. Candice, Linda D, and Lori are 3 of my all time favorite ladies. They're my dear friends and spiritual advisors!
I get the biggest kick out of watching the child come out in "Grown Ups!" Watch Linda D. try out the zipline! Everyone's a child inside!

When we talk about memories (which are the inner most walls that make life worth living) we have to reflect and remember all those grand & wonderful people who have gone before us. And this Memorial Day was filled with reflection. My mother & dad spent their first year together across the veil. No tears for me! I'm so happy for them and they honored me by giving me birth. I was their baby girl and I savor each memory they gave to me. Wonderful parents who cared for me & provided well. As I celebrated Shauna's advancement into teaching, I couldn't help reflect the joy my parents felt as I graduated from college. Life is but a series of turning pages and what we write on them is as valued as we make it.
This Memorial Day, Grandma & Grandpa Jacobs were celebrated as well. Thanks to Sheila & Shelley, the Jacob's family gathered to remember. Aunt Alene's baked beens, Sheila's potato salad, and Ronnie's homemade ice cream kept the tables buzzing with memories of days of old. How Grandma Kate loved to gather and feast together! Cousins, brother & sisters.....enjoying life together.
Aunt Janine, age 95, lead the bunch. She & Ann Alene are the only ones left from the previous generation. Roland, Keith, Mary, & Kay are all celebrating with Grandma & Grandpa Jacobs on the other side of the veil. As I reflect upon our gatherings, I realize that too many stupid feelings often separated us from divine closeness. And unfortuately, those same type of stupid feelings separate me from my siblings. When are we going to smart'n up!
Family is God's greatest gift!
And I was glad to go home to gather up in my arms little Sydnee Sage and Isabelle Delight to be with my family.
I hope my children are wiser and can allow stupid differences melt into tears of regret and enjoy the blessings of being different! We all have our short falls, and yet the greatness in each of us superceeds all. Hopefully our children will rejoice in each others talents and gifts and always remain faith-filled friends. Honoring each other & rejoicing in "victories over self." I am so blessed to have great children. They have chosen well, and their companions feel so much like my own.


My baby girl is on her way! After being my assistant art teacher for three years, Shauna Lynn is graduating and moving on to bigger and better things. She opens her first class room at Timpanoges Elementary School this fall teaching 4th graders to love life and enjoy learning as much as she does. What lucky children! They will come to see the magic of the "Pided Pipper of Crockettville." Loving, lifting and laughing are the trade marks of Miss Crockett. There will be a BIG void in my little Art Room........but I couldn't be happier for this young Wonder Woman.I get the biggest kick out of watching the child come out in "Grown Ups!" Watch Linda D. try out the zipline! Everyone's a child inside!
Visiting teaching become an exciting adventure when you visit with Queens! Lori and I were in heaven when our Relief Society President made us companions! But the frosting on the cake came when they assigned us to Barbara Workman! And she wanted to go to lunch for our monthly visit. How COOL is that?And of course, we had to make a memory. So we piled in the Model T and went to Applebee's! Over lunch we shared our recent experience with life......loving, laughing and crying together. When you visit with Queens, you feel safe enough to open the sacred corners of your hearts together.

When we talk about memories (which are the inner most walls that make life worth living) we have to reflect and remember all those grand & wonderful people who have gone before us. And this Memorial Day was filled with reflection. My mother & dad spent their first year together across the veil. No tears for me! I'm so happy for them and they honored me by giving me birth. I was their baby girl and I savor each memory they gave to me. Wonderful parents who cared for me & provided well. As I celebrated Shauna's advancement into teaching, I couldn't help reflect the joy my parents felt as I graduated from college. Life is but a series of turning pages and what we write on them is as valued as we make it.
This Memorial Day, Grandma & Grandpa Jacobs were celebrated as well. Thanks to Sheila & Shelley, the Jacob's family gathered to remember. Aunt Alene's baked beens, Sheila's potato salad, and Ronnie's homemade ice cream kept the tables buzzing with memories of days of old. How Grandma Kate loved to gather and feast together! Cousins, brother & sisters.....enjoying life together.
Aunt Janine, age 95, lead the bunch. She & Ann Alene are the only ones left from the previous generation. Roland, Keith, Mary, & Kay are all celebrating with Grandma & Grandpa Jacobs on the other side of the veil. As I reflect upon our gatherings, I realize that too many stupid feelings often separated us from divine closeness. And unfortuately, those same type of stupid feelings separate me from my siblings. When are we going to smart'n up!
Family is God's greatest gift!
And I was glad to go home to gather up in my arms little Sydnee Sage and Isabelle Delight to be with my family.
I hope my children are wiser and can allow stupid differences melt into tears of regret and enjoy the blessings of being different! We all have our short falls, and yet the greatness in each of us superceeds all. Hopefully our children will rejoice in each others talents and gifts and always remain faith-filled friends. Honoring each other & rejoicing in "victories over self." I am so blessed to have great children. They have chosen well, and their companions feel so much like my own.
Sons who love their wives, & have provide well for their families. Teaching one another how to hand life challenges, and supporting each other in wisdom when called upon. Creators on their own. They know the power of loving their children.


And allowing me to love their children too! It's my all time favorite job!
And Ryan said it best! When it comes to having fun and creating memories.......David knows how to do it best. David's middle name is FUN! Becca loves to gather the entire family! She has to prod David along to make it happen.........but when it happen's, it really happens. Ryan exclaimed, "Some of my favorite & funniest memories are at David's house!"
David is my Teacher! He is the "Laughter in our Family!" And when he allows our gatherings, it's all about MEMORIES! And memories last forever!
Nothing makes Memories better than the my 1926 Model T. It doesn't travel many miles each year, but the miles it travels scream MEMORY! I picked up Abby & Ben from school on their last day! When they saw me in the Model T, Abby started jumping and she screamed, "I love the Model T!" Once in the car, she & Ben began to sing,
And Ryan said it best! When it comes to having fun and creating memories.......David knows how to do it best. David's middle name is FUN! Becca loves to gather the entire family! She has to prod David along to make it happen.........but when it happen's, it really happens. Ryan exclaimed, "Some of my favorite & funniest memories are at David's house!"
David is my Teacher! He is the "Laughter in our Family!" And when he allows our gatherings, it's all about MEMORIES! And memories last forever!
Nothing makes Memories better than the my 1926 Model T. It doesn't travel many miles each year, but the miles it travels scream MEMORY! I picked up Abby & Ben from school on their last day! When they saw me in the Model T, Abby started jumping and she screamed, "I love the Model T!" Once in the car, she & Ben began to sing, "It's always fun when Grandma come, when Grandma comes, Hurray!
She always says the nicest things and in the nicest way.
She has a wrinkley twinkly smile, she's happy all the day.
It's always fun for everyone, when Grandma comes.
It's always fun to come from school, and knock upon her door.
She bends right down and kisses us, then heads right to the drawer.
Into a tiny plastic bag, from bottles of every kind.
She creates for us a treat of the day, and all of it is mine."
Memories! Making Memories.....That's what life is all about. And good memories are treasured and bad memories need to be trashed!
When Kris McIntire graduated from high school (Kris is Shauna's little brother!), McIntires had Tim & I over for their celebration feast! The Model T was beckoned and we took Lynette, Mom & Dad Weight and Lori's 95 year old grandfather for a ride. Old timers feel right at home in the Model T.

No comments:
Post a Comment