Monday, March 14, 2011

March Visit to Colorado

Grandpa getting his early afternoon shave from Dayton in Colorado.
Even though these two little angels were over to our house not to long ago, it's nice to have them welcome us when we share our Love.

It all falls under the word, "LOVE!" It had been a long time since we had seen the kids in Colorado & with a window of opportunity, we jumped in the car to make a visit happen.
Little did we know that Sam, our oldest grandson, had his first season game in basketball & had drawn his father's number as his own.
We left at 5 in the morning and was at Mary Ann's by 1:00. (Grandpa falls asleep & mother puts the pedal to the metal! Getting to the location is what Grandma wants FAST! I'm practicing the Angel Moroni's travel speed!)
We made it in time to visit with Mary Ann, Dayton & Afton before meeting up with Alan's clan to go watch Sam's first game. (It was a hard first game for Sam, because he had only been in a few minutes when he called the Ref on a bad call & got a technical & his coach took him out of the rest of the game. Don't think he'll do that again.) Nonetheless, we were there to support him, and that's all that really matters.
Thursday, Mary Ann had a project for Mom! "Do I buy vinyl for $200 or do I have my Mom paint it?" Easy answer to that question. Once we had Ryan convinced that I could make things look good, we went to work! I loved it that Mary Ann visited with me while I painted.
Making memories is what is all about. And the nice thing is, if they don't like it, its just a roll full of paint away from instant CHANGE!
Little Afton was the main supervisor......This is her room anyway!
And beside, Grandma & she talk the same bubbly gooie language! (Actually, this is her very first art lesson!)
Note her T-shirt says, "If Mommy say's "NO" call 1-800-Grandma!"
And that's exactly what she did. Tree then leaves! White or Red! Afton chose RED!
Wha-lah! Finished and put back together. Mary Ann made a darling mobil with yellow, white & red birds and then hug my drawing of her & baby Dayton on the other wall. Can't you just hear Grandma screaming, "I LOVE YOU!""
Alan's kids were all out of school on Friday, so we picked them up at 8:30 and went to the bowling alley to have a ball..........in several different colors.
Sam & Chase whipped through 2 games before Connor, Elle & I could finish one. With a little coaching, these two boys would be pro's.
So Grandpa paid for another game so he could give them some of his expert instruction.
Connor was more than happy to be playing with Grandma & Elle. However he was pitching for Elle & I to loose to him!
These kids are good, obedient kids who are so pleasant to take places together.
And who was the top winner with 114 point! Miss Elle Crockett. (She let Grandma win by one point on the next game.)
Then we went to Wendy's for lunch afterwards stopping at Michael's craft to pick up a painting project. Oh, the joy of just doing things with the grand kids.
As Chase would say, "Wii!" After painting let's play Wii.
Saturday morning, it was an early breakfast. Dayton was really sick so he couldn't go with us. But he was always anxious to wake me each morning and say, "Grandma, want to come snuggle with me?" This little tike melts your hear quickly. One time I said, "Hey, what's your name?" "Dayton Ahlstrom," he said. "And where do you live?" His reply has me giggling still: "In Utah........with YOU!"
Chase is quit the soccer player. Fast, focused, and 100% in the game. Handsome too!

I had plenty of pictures on the side line, when Elle got hold of the camera. She's good!
Then it was Connors turn on the field. I hope to post one of the movies of him scoring.

Meanwhile, the older brother is so supportive! Force by Family law, he sat in the car in Elle's car seat watching the game like a dutiful big brother.
Sunday morning, I had the feeling we needed to head home after church. Little did we know that it would snow the next day in the Utah Mountains. So we packed up our stuff while Alan & the kids made their traditional Sunday Pizza's together.
Alan taught the lesson in Gospel Doctrine and told the story that Sam had come home from church last week and asked his mother, "Mom, which Sunday school class do you go to: Gospel Doctrine or the Parenting class?" Karen told him she went to Gospel Doctrine. He came back with, "You should consider going to the Parenting class......you kind of need it!"
Elle and Grandpa
Handsome Connor the Cook getting the dough ready for his Dad to roll out. Then it was eat and run as we left this fun family behind for a month or two until we reunite together again. As a mother, I am so happy with the way our children are choosing to live their lives, govern their families, and love their children. Each are strong, hard working, dedicated individuals who have provide safe havens for their families.

2 comments:

Shauna Crockett said...

Mom, I love the wall. It looks beautiful!!! Good job :)

MaryAnn Ahlstrom said...

I love it most! Thanks again. Glad to have yet another piece of you in my home.