Saturday, January 30, 2010

Where Did December & January Go

Sending Elder Kris McIntire on his mission to Madagascar!
We hope he never looses his funny side.
Our ward has 3 missionaries in Africa now. 3 of the greatest guys ever!
Alex Madsen, (we still claim him), Jake Seastrand, & now Kris McIntire.
This great young man has been Shauna Lynn's best friend & co-heart for the past few years.
They have had soooooooo much fun together.......it is going to be hard for them being apart.
But one thing for sure! Kris will have a most diligent, sensitive, & dedicated letter writer while he is out. Shauna is the Queen of "GOOD LETTERS" and fun ones too.
She'll keep him up dated on "Ultimate Frisbee" news & all the neighborhood games.
We too will miss Kris, at the same time we have had enough experiences with missionaries that we realize what a great gift he is giving to the people of Madagascar and to himself by serving this mission.
This little princess is David & Becca's youngest: Isabelle Delight! We hate it that since they have moved to Spanish Fork, we don't get to see them as much. Thus....Izzy hardly knows us.
Becca Jane is a delightful Mom. It has been hard for her to make this transition down to Spanish Fork. Even though they all LOVE their new home, Becca lost her sister living with them (she stayed in Orem in their old home) and David had to get an extra job due to the economy & to subsidize for all the little extras he wanted in their new palace while it was being built.
(Davy's not afraid to work hard for what he wants........Becca just misses him being around in the evenings......and so do the kids. None the less.....they support him!)
*******
I remember that the first of January, Julie Kaye, Sydnee & I jumped on a plane & went over to Colorado. We couldn't pass up $25 tickets each way. Besides.......I had to see my cute Dayton & go with Elle to her new dance classes. She's was so cute. The teacher asked each of the little girls their names & favorite color. Pink, pink, purple, ORANGE, purple, pink. Elle claims her uniqueness!
My cute little Dayton played with us & always said, "Grandma" when I would go, "I......Love...."
but then they got him a tiny basketball standard to put in the kitchen. Now all's I hear is "I love ball!" Just like all my own boys, I got the shaft for a stupid basketball. Oh well, I was top dog for a while, anyway!
I was glad to see that my son-in-law Ryan had taken G-R-E-A-T care of my Mary Ann when she had to have her Gaulbladder taken out. Another miracle in her behalf. She scratched death's door and didn't even realize it. Such blessings HAVE to be recognized.
We left Candice, Cooper & Allie to take care of Grandpa. They did a SUPER job. These three are my weekly regulars taking out and bring in my garbage cans. Sweet Blessings!
In December we got to journey down to Spanish Fork (where David's family lives now) to see Samantha be apart of her Pre-school nativity scene with song. I've said it many a time..... but this little princess melts the hearts of many. I can't say her preschool was very organized......but I can say, us being there along with G & G Valentine, made the event a big one for Samantha.
Can you tell who is the queen student?
Grandchildren make life full of sweet memories. Tim & I are so grateful for each of our children. The way they have chosen to choose & support their companions, raise their families, and honor their faith. Each day we pray that they can "Press Forward" in faith, that their children with obey & honor their parents and that a protecting hand will cover them.
So far ......... so good!
Somewhere in the blur of the past two months, there has MUCH going on in the Crockett home.
Mr. Max came over for a couple of visits and he is a delight. So much like his Dad, he's into
quiet pretend & video game. At Grandma's house, we don't have video games, so Max loves to find the Woody & Buzz toys out of the toy box and then put on Toy Story 2 & flies with buzz through the family room. (The video up loaded at the end of this entry.....at the bottom!)
This Handsome Brown Eye happy boy is always excited to come, cries when it's time to go, but loves preschool & his favorite friend Samantha.
Christmas showed up one day. These handsome reindeer flew in with Santa's sleigh.
I think they hit a chimney or something, they were a little more than dazed.
(Konnor, Kris, & Kori McIntire)
Our Christmas theme this year was centered around how the children perceived the name "CROCKETT" out & among the community. This sharing time is my all time favorite thing about Christmas. I love hearing the feelings of each of the children & their personal perspectives.
Travis holding Sydnee who is dressed in "Ma's P J's" and Nana's Christmas's robes.
Julie Kaye whispering in 15 yr. old Chelsie's ear. It's so hard to believe that Chelsie will be 16 years old this spring.
Tim has been noted for bring music into our home. So this year, Shauna's gift to her Dad was practicing & memorizing a piano piece to give back to her Dad. We had to go over to Scott & Candice's piano for her to perform. (Since Abby has Grandma Price's piano at David's home.)
The sacred gift of "SELF!"
Note the Green toast. This was a "Grandpa's funny" along with a Jester's hat for Ben.
Can't you just feel the love between these two?
And nothing means more to a Mother than to see love passing forward to another generation.
Sydnee Sage, along with all my other grandchildren, are very lucky kids. They all have parents who honor themselves, their rolls as parents and the privilege it is to be parents.
After returning from Branson (just prior to Thanksgiving) Tim & I just hadn't had enough entertainment and what's Branson when you know Miss Wilde! So we went to the Mt. View High School play. What a performance!!!!
And Mary Ann (her mom) sewed all her beautiful dresses.
This video is Max & his Buzz Lightyear Passion.
Well......December & January are gone.........sweet farewell to 2009 & a hearty welcome to 2010.

No comments: