I received my first call to serve when I was 12 years old. Now I'm 60 and find that changing callings has it's ups & downs. Ups....because new blood is always refreshing & downs because you have to stop close associations with the people you have come to truly love & appreciate while serving. But this old "Levoy" night gown my mother gave me when I was a senior in high school, has served as a comfy night gown for many years, and as a witches costumn for even more years.
An ugly face is often helpful, and mine fills that bill perfectly, especially covered with green paint.
When we lived in West Valley, Catherine Eldredge asked me to come to her home during a Halloween FHE for the seniors in our Jordan Stake. That was over 25 years ago, and I have done a program for senior saints every year since. Just goes to show that people never tire of laughing and having fun. Over the years my daughters have often accompanied me to be my assistant and I never tire of that.
Monica Martins along with her family jumped into join the fun. Her fun & lively personality along with her exciting children, bring joy to these older saints. At the Seville Relief Society Enrichment isn't isolated to just women......the men come too.
The Beast & the Beauty
Even when she's Green, she's absolutely beautiful.......and the greatest part
about Julie Kaye is that her beauty reaches into every area of her personal life.
Kris Hoffman jumped in at the last minute......she knows many of these Saints because of her call in the Humanitarian Projects. We had to laugh at this one dear sister. She had been so connected with our party that she wanted to be apart of our group picture. No one objected......we all just smiled.
Caryl Davies is the Couselor in the Relief Society Presidency that I've accounted to each month. Thanks to the internet, Caryl has been so kind and good to me over the years as our schedules have demanded our attention & disconnected time, we've totally communicated via email. Surprisingly enough, we've only made one GOOF! Not bad for two ole geezers!
But she remembered how much attention Ben Gould gave her Grandma Price when she lived at
the Seville. So she took this opportunity to thank him for his love.
Kris Hoffman & Andrea Martins are too beautiful for Halloween
Pumpkin Basketball, singing Halloween songs, rolling dice while trying to unwrap a Mummy surprise, and of course our favorite "Sound Story" are some of our activities.








No comments:
Post a Comment