From Golf Course Eye Level
To finding a "CLOSED" Road to over view Heber Valley
Fall Colors in their PRIME!
The Relief Center
If some have wondered where the last few months have absorbed me, you might say, "Tim's retired & we are in transition mode." Or it might be....."M-m-m-m Mary Ann moved to Denver & after 4 trips over to find her a home, move her over and then see her successfully settled" might take some time. Tim & I made a trip to Priest Lake with Hauni & Aaron for a week, and then of course, getting back to starting art lessons, transitioning into having Julie Washburn Jensen taking over Shauna's 4 classes, and just living life with family. It all takes time and I truly have been busy.
Each fall Tim & I try to take a ride to see the fall colors. Sometimes it's been successful. Other times we've met up with disaster and a pledge to "never to do it again!" Well, we've made it through 8 months of learning to bridge our differences and make happy memories being around each other 24/7. But this years visit to Midway was a total success. One thing that I have learned about Tim is.....he may suck at organization but he loves to get out and do things. We've done a dinner, a concert, a play....etc....every week for the past few months. Social activities are not my forte' but they are Tims. Now we just have to find the balance in all things!So let me take you on a little trip up through the colors!
Note the sign......we were on Snake Creek Rd on a very SUCCESSful Trail of memories.
This year Tim & I have been married 39 years! And just like President Hinckley says, "We travel over a lot of hills, rocky roads, and valleys and every once in a while we have memorable visitas." Well that pretty much describes the last 39 years of life for the Crocketts. However, through it all, I feel like we both have learned to focus on the positive, accept differences, and finally.....success is really between he and I. (The last one is mostly for me!) No one can solve your problems but you. And our Fall Color trip was a perfect example.
This year Tim & I have been married 39 years! And just like President Hinckley says, "We travel over a lot of hills, rocky roads, and valleys and every once in a while we have memorable visitas." Well that pretty much describes the last 39 years of life for the Crocketts. However, through it all, I feel like we both have learned to focus on the positive, accept differences, and finally.....success is really between he and I. (The last one is mostly for me!) No one can solve your problems but you. And our Fall Color trip was a perfect example.Tim first treated me to a wonderful lunch at the Homestead in Midway. We have wonderful memories of Midway. It's where we first started our marriage and it was fitting to revisit.
After dinner we started up toward the State Park, but I suggested we go up Snake Creek Canyon. Tim was willing. Going past the golf course was a beautiful sight.
The reds, oranges and greens mixed together were breath taking.
Over the years, Tim & I have had to LOOK UP a lot. We have been blessed with wonderful, independent children who are anchored in the gospel teachings and centering their lives around family. They're so centered, Tim & I often wonder if they forgot we were alive. However, there are those who make regular visits.....bring the love and laughter of the grandchildren over, and then of course, Tim & I venture out to see if they're still alive as well.
Tim is experiencing, loosing some of his eye sight due to his diabetes & my ability to move as quickly as I used to, seems to create a drain on energy levels. But we have been blessed with a rich abundance of blessings. We have a comfortable home, a terrific neighborhood, a fun filled yard, and future full of hope.As we drove up the canyon, I experience a mortal emergency! I told Tim, we would need to go down to find facilities. Then I noticed a blue box up on the hill. It was the answer to our problem.
I left Tim taking pictures, jumped in the car and drove up this dirt road to the blue box. Relief was Sure! Ah-h-h-h! But I decided to drive up the road a bit. I had only gone a little way when I realized I needed to go get Tim. I had found a gold mine of beauty......and for the first time in a very long time......my sudden urge had lead us to a resouceful blessing.
From the golf course view to over looking the valleys from above. It was a private road (usually closed) but today it was an opportunity of a life time. We were planning to travel up around Sundance....but we spent all our time enjoying the beauties and over looks from our "found trail".
I'm not sure why I have had to discover life kind of "backwards" but that's the way it's been for me. From learning how to be a "girl" and finally my personal value to recognizing my responsibilities in companionship....it's just seemed to evolve back to front. Nevertheless, I am soooooooooooo grateful to my Heavenly Father for my learning processes and that I know He has loved & known me perfectly. Whatever way we need to learn or have to learn.....He will send it the way we will recieve it.......along with the people who need to teach us & support us.I'm grateful for ALL the colors in my life!
1 comment:
Syd, it is so nice that you write these blogs so I can keep up with you! Glad to see that you are as lovely as ever!!!
Post a Comment