Saturday, September 6, 2008

Mother of Too Many Words

When I told my daughter, Julie Kaye that I was starting a Blog, she told me, "Mom, your only allowed pictures with captions because you write too much and too long!" That was very encouraging but then my Granddaughter, Abby asked her mother is she had seen my volumes of journals. She thought them wonderful and this will be a good way for me to keep them going.

Since my missionaries have all gotten home, I find it very difficult to "give myself permission to take the time" to write about myself and my life. Having seven missionaries.......they all loved to have a letter in their mail box, that were filled with love and up-dates them on every movement of the family. For them (with the exception of Alan) they loved getting 2-4 page letters. Now, they tease me royally for writing WAY too much. Other friends have admonished me to write a book! (Guess they figured that would be a great way to get all my words out!) But then Abby would just tell them to go to my wall of journals. My excuse for my journaling has always been: "The family will have a good fire for marshmallow roasting when I depart this world!"

So here comes Mindless Madness for after Midnight from the computer of Syd Crockett! Hang on! Read what you want! Skip what you want, and sign out anytime you're ready. Please.......never take offense and for sure have fun with my misuse of word, poorly constructed sentences and everything else dealing with the English language that has never attached itself to my brain! (My family torments me constantly......so I'm pretty much used to it!) I just write what I'm thinking when I'm thinking or feeling it. Mary Ann & Ryan's little guy & I agree that having fun with word is mesmerizing!
In my life time, I have come to realize that everyone born to this life is writing their own book. A library of volumes that fills the entire earth. No two are the same.......ever! Much like driving up and down streets in a city: 100's of houses on both sides of the street. Many of them obviously different in kind, color & style. Others are built in sets of threes or fours, repeating the same floor plan yet painted different colors on the outside to create a sense of difference. Now step inside each home and the owners personality takes on it's own identity & is significantly different. There may be common rooms but decorations, motif, furniture, manner of cleanliness, and mood are completely different. We are divinely created to be individually different. If we want to know someone.....take time to read their personal book. That takes persoanl time & investment. Their pages of "their" time & events make them uniquely different. As a child, I learned a great deal from the saying, "Never judge an Indian until you have walked in his moccasins." Yet it has taken me a life time to truly understand it.

With that explanation: I welcome you to meet & come to know "Syd Crockett!"

No comments: