
Julie Kaye is our oldest daughter . She & another one of her friends through a baby shower for Angie Terburg and invited me to come. As the guests started to arrive, I started to reflect on how each of these girls came to be apart of our home. Suddenly I had an over whelming feeling of gratitude fill my being.

When Julie Kaye was a young teenage she made a MAJOR decision: "Do I stay with the friends I am now lingering with or do I step into the darkness and find other friends who cherish values and standards that I cherish?"

This was a BIG decision for a young teenager and I knew it. With total faith in a Divine Being, Julie Kaye stepped into the dark. New friends moved in & these girls were drawn to each other as friends.

Friends and mother's rejoiced together. Soon this bunch of beautiful princesses had created a group others wanted to be apart of. Tunnel singing, scripture study, service project, activities that invited the spirit readily. They laughed, encouraged each other in school activities, sang in performing groups, and had parties together.


Little sister were soon invited in and big sisters and little sisters became the best of friends.


As I saw each of them embrace, hugging the little children that now followed these new mothers, I asked, "Hey, do you think if I ran our prayer bell, all of you would surround the king size bed to join in family prayer together?" Each of them laughed as they remembered being in our home surrounding Tim & my bed for prayer.........because we were going to bed and they were going to keep on partying.



Now it's been over 15 years and these girls are still wonderful embracing friends supporting each other in Motherhood. Teachers, missionaries, authors, beautitions, secretaries.....all sorts of roads they have traveled and yet the most important road they all still travel is the one that they chose 15 years ago. They are daughters of a Heavenly Father who love them & they love him.


Thank You Julie Kaye, for stepping into the darkness and finding such brilliant lights to support your own. You are & have been the perfect example for your younger sisters and I cherish you for it. Your trust is a living testimony that faith precedes the miracle.
No comments:
Post a Comment